Pages

Friday 8 June 2018

DFI week 2

Another DFI session with lots of great moments and a couple of low times. So time to reflect -

  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
The message of how devices and technologies are NOT just a tool but how it can help to amplify the learning in the class and with students.
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
Today's sessions worked with google sheets, google forms and google mymaps. I needed support with the google forms part. That is why this PLG is so good. The tutors were there to support and encourage me. I broke through and pushed on with their help. This is not the norm for me because in the real world I would have given up and walked away from it because I found it hard.
  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  
I can see how google mymap could be exciting in a classroom. I can see how I can use it to support the reading comp for my top reading groups.
One activity we did with mymaps
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
I know that despite the struggle I had with google forms, I can see how this will help to make my teaching activities great. With google sheets I can see how much I need it at this point because of the monitoring data we collect and reporting to parents.

4 comments:

  1. You made it! Well done. I have noticed that Day 2 seems to be the most challenging for our DFI participants, so hopefully having experienced the rewards from 'breaking through and pushing on' the rest of the days will flow more easily.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Done Sharon on creating a neat colourful graph. Sheets can be very useful for tracking class and student assessment. Your link to mymaps might need the share setting changed to public. Even I found today packed with information, so keep on keeping on. Every little step we take gets us closer to the line, just like we tell our lovely students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon
    I think we all found Day 2 was an intensive day of learning and with support we made it through the day! At this time of the year we are gathering data so it is timely to be able to see the importance of graphs and charts and practise putting this information to use. Being able to show parents data over time in the form of a graph is a powerful way of reporting progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Sharon! yes I agree day 2 was so intensive, and see what you have created. I liked your graph.This is going to be very handy for your teaching

    ReplyDelete